Tuition and Fees
The tuition for the M.Eng. in Bioengineering program follows the campus graduate and professional engineering program rates (note: please make sure to refer to the College of Engineering graduate tuition rate). This includes an assessed $2,000 program fee per student to cover administrative costs associated with co-curricular workshops, company field trips and other student activities.
This covers the tuition for the Fall and Spring semesters. The tuition does not include books, personal and living expenses, and University of Illinois fees, which cover things like health insurance, health services facilities fees, etc. More information about the University fees can be found at the Office of Registrar’s website.
The Master of Engineering degree in Bioengineering is a self-funded program where students are responsible for paying their tuition and fees. Students in this program are not eligible for Board of Trustee (BOT) tuition-waiver-generating assistantships at the University of Illinois. Students are encouraged to visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for additional information, as well as these external resources:
- Group private and federal loans available to all students with U.S. co-signer – www.accessgroup.org
- FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Federal School Code: 001775) – www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Graduate Student Loans – www.salliemai.com/student-loans/graduate-student-loans/graduate-smart-option-student-loan
International Student Resources
- University of Illinois Financial Aid Resources – www.osfa.illinois.edu/types-of-aid/international-students
- Financial Aid for International Students – www.edupass.org/finaid
- Institute of International Education – www.iie.org
- International Education Finance Corporation –www.ifc.org/wps/connect/corp_ext_content/ifc_external_corporate_site/home
- International Education Financial Aid – www.iefa.org
- International Students – www.internationalstudents.org
- International Scholarships – www.internationalscholarships.com/
Other Helpful Links
BIOE M.Eng. Contacts
1240G Everitt Laboratory, M/C-278
1406 W. Green St.
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 333-8163
PROF. WAWRZYNIEC DOBRUCKI
Faculty Program Director
4261 Beckman Institute, M/C 251
405 N. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 244-3938