M.S. in Biomedical Image Computing Online
Complete the MS in Biomedical Image Computing degree program at your own pace through the world-renowned University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The MS in Biomedical Image Computing (MS in BIC) degree program is also offered through a fully online platform, the exact same degree awarded to students who complete the on-campus program.
As with the on-campus MS in BIC program, the online program is designed for those looking to build a career in developing, applying and evaluating new AI and computing driven solutions to enhance the generation, processing and analysis of biomedical imaging and healthcare data. This professional, non-thesis degree program helps students develop biomedical imaging, machine learning and high-performance computing techniques. In addition, the flexibility of an online platform is an excellent option for students who want to pursue an advanced graduate degree while working.
The online degree can be completed in as little as 5 semesters, depending on how many classes are taken per semester, but students have up to five years to complete it. All online students receive access to recorded lectures and follow the class syllabus, including assignments, exams and projects. The instructors will be available for virtual office hours and to answer questions.
Learn more about our MS in BIC program and how it can elevate your professional credentials!
Total credit hours: 36
- Core MS in BIC classes
- Capstone project
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or related discipline
- Minimum GPA 3.0 out of 4.0 for the last two years of undergraduate study – on their personal essay, students are encouraged to provide an explanation if GPA is lower than minimum
- GRE not required
- For applicants whose degree is not from an institution where English is the official language, TOEFL or IELTS test results are required. Students applying to online programs must satisfy the full status admissions requirement (103 for TOEFL and 7.5 for IELTS).
Applications are reviewed in a holistic manner, so personal essays and letters of recommendation are weighed just as heavily as quantitative scores and grades.
- Application deadline for Fall semester admission: July 31
- Application deadline for Spring semester admission: Admission made on a case-by-case basis; contact BIC program for additional information
View the application requirements checklist.
Fees and Tuition
- The online tuition is assessed by the College of Engineering. View the Engineering Online Student Tuition.
- The online M.Eng. in Bioengineering program is self-supporting and not able to provide any financial assistance.
For questions about our online program, contact us at email@example.com.
BIOE BIC Online Contacts
1240E Everitt Laboratory, M/C-278
1406 W. Green St.
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 333-8163
PROF. FAN LAM
Faculty Program Director
4061 Beckman Institute, M/C 251
405 N. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 300-3713