Leadership Development Program
Emotional Intelligence. Leadership Development. Organizational Perspective.
The M.Eng. in Bioengineering Leadership Development Program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, analytical perspectives, and framework needed to become leaders and managers.
The program is series of workshops and lectures that explore the many facets of leadership and leadership development for oneself, teams, and organizations and the processes by which people affect change in a variety of roles and situations. It focuses on a variety of experiential learning activities, self-assessment tools, role-play, case discussions, guest speakers, and personal reflection.
- Increase the cognitive understanding of basic leadership and management theories and models, the ability to evaluate their relevance, and the ability to apply them to specific situations.
- Understand the meaning of leadership and begin to identify personal values, traits, goals, and define a personal leadership style.
- Be able to evaluate personal leadership effectiveness in different contexts.
- Improve knowledge and skills important to personal effectiveness in working with people in leadership processes.
- Enhance self-awareness and leadership.