- Bio-Micro and Nanotechnology
- PhD Applied Physics Cornell University 1971
For more information
- Bio-Micro and Nanotechnology
- Syntheses and Study of Tailored Organometallic, Inorganic and Polymeric Precursors for Sol-Gel Processing, Charged Liquid Cluster Beam Deposition and Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Investigation of Methods for Controlled Fabrication of Thin Films, Nanofibers, and Nanoparticles Using Charged Liquid Cluster Beams of Precursor Solutions
- Investigation of Novel Approaches to Fabricating Micro and Nanoscale Structures for Development of New Devices and Material Systems for Controlled Release, Lighting, Display, Solar Cells, Photosensors, and Power Storage
- Development of Methods for Fabricating Uniform Micro and Nano Spheres and Capsules of Biodegradable and Biocompatible Materials for Advanced Drug Delivery and Cell-Based Therapy
- Development of High Power Electronic Devices Based on III-V Nitride Semiconductors Using Plasma Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy and Selective Area Growth Technology
Selected Articles in Journals
- Fawad Ismail, Palash Sarker, Mohamed Mohamed, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Umberto Ravaioli, "Moving mesh adaptation for Si and GaN-based power device simulation," Journal of Computational Electronics, DOI: 10.1007/s10825-018-1218-5, July 2018
- Benjamin Lew, In-Yong Kim, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon(Kevin) Kim,”Sustained exenatide delivery via intracapsular microspheres for improved survival and function of microencapsulated porcine islets,” Drug Delivery and Translational Research (2018) 8:857-862; https://doi.org/10.1007/s13346-018-0484-x.
- In-Yong Kim, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Improved survival of anchorage-dependent cells in core-shell hydrogel microcapsules via co-encapsulation with cell-friendly microspheres," Journal of Microencapsulation, 34(1): 57-62 (2017)
- Il-Doo Kim, Elizabeth Sawicki, Hye-Kyung Lee, Eun-Hwa Lee, Heon Joo Park, Pyung-Lim Han, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Hyungsoo Choi, Ja-Kyeong Lee, "Robust neuroprotective effects of intranasally delivered iNOS siRNA encapsulated in gelatin nanoparticles in the postischemic brain," Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine 12 (2016) 1219-1229.
- In-Yong Kim, Elizabeth Joachim, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Toxicity of silica nanoparticles depends on size, dose, and cell type," Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine. (2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2015.03.004, NANO-01098; No of Pages 10.
- Liang Pang, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, "Improvement of Ohmic contacts to n-type GaN using a Ti/Al multi-layered contact scheme," Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Volume 29, January 2015, Pages 90–94.
- Elizabeth Joachim, Il-Doo Kim, Yinchuan Jin, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Ja-Kyeong Lee and Hyungsoo Choi,"Gelatin nanoparticles enhance the neuroprotective effects of intranasally administered osteopontin in rat ischemic stroke model,"Drug Deliv. and Transl. Res. (2014) 4:395â€“399; DOI 10.1007/s13346-014-0208-9
- Gulsim Kulsharova, Matthew Lee, Felice Cheng, Munima Haque, Hyungsoo Choi, Kyekyoon Kim, William D. O'Brien, Jr, and G. Logan Liu, "In vitro and in vivo imaging of peptide-encapsulated polymer nanoparticles for cancer biomarker activated drug delivery," IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience 12(2013)304-310.
- Philip Edward Heil, Hyunmin Kang, Hyungsoo Choi, and Kyekyoon(Kevin) Kim,"Effects of controlled surface treatment on titanium dioxide electrode nanostructure for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Appl. Phys. A 112(2013) 371-380.
- Liang Pang, H.-C. Seo, K. Kim,"Transfer printing of flexible hybrid inductor-capacitor filters via pre-etched silicon-on-insulator mother wafer, "Appl. Phys. Lett., 101, 063113 (2012).
- In-Yong Kim, P.L.Pusey,Y. Zhao, S.S. Korban, H. Choi, K. Kim,"Controlled release of Pantoea agglomerans E325 for biocontrol of fire blight disease of apple," J. Controlled Release,161(2012) 109-115; doi:10.1016/j.j conrel.2012.03.028 (2012).
- research 14 Feb 2018 Tiny drug-delivering capsules sustain transplanted insulin-producing cells