General Bioengineering Curriculum - Online
The curriculum is designed to develop students with deeper understanding of general bioengineering concepts and more business acumen through coursework and a capstone project. The in-depth technical training combined with the core business classes required will develop well-rounded professionals entering the healthcare industry.
Students enrolled in the M.Eng. online program under the general bioengineering concentration are required to take the following core and elective classes:
- BIOE 570 — Seminar in Bioinstrumentation (1 hour each, taken twice) – Various speakers from industry share their real world experiences and knowledge.
- BIOE 573 — Managing Business Operations (4 hours) – Covers fundamental business concepts, including project management, process management, supply chain management and product development.
- BIOE 574 —Innovation and Introduction to Financial Decision Making (4 hours) – Covers further business-related topics such as intellectual property, the innovation process, systems engineering, and designing for requirements.
- BIOE 575 — Team Project (3 hours each, taken twice) – see “Capstone Project – Online” section
- Electives (16 hours) – Students can choose from relevant bioengineering online classes, as well as technical classes offered outside of bioengineering. Prior approval of selected electives will be required.
BIOE M.Eng. Contacts
1240E Everitt Laboratory, M/C-278
1406 W. Green St.
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 333-8163
PROF. WAWRZYNIEC DOBRUCKI
Faculty Program Director
4261 Beckman Institute, M/C 251
405 N. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 244-3938