Bioengineering was started in December 2003, and its first class graduated in December 2008. As of January 2014, Bioengineering alumni include more than 200 graduates across the globe doing amazing things.
According to the latest department alumni survey:
- 34 percent of graduates are in industry
- 41 percent are pursuing graduate school
- 16 percent are attending medical school
- The remaining 9 percent have ventured into law or business careers
- The average annual starting salary for industry is $52,500
- 82 percent of seniors get into their top choice for graduate education and/or medical school.
Alumni from the class of 2008 are continually moving up in industry to management roles, graduating medical school and moving into residency, or preparing to defend their dissertations for a Ph.D.
Make a contribution
Contributing to the future of Bioengineering goes beyond the financial. Give your time to student or community outreach, come back and speak with students, and let us know about job or internship opportunities at your company.
Expand your knowledge to stay competitive in today’s scientific and economic environment through Engineering at Illinois' Continuing Engineering Education and Engineering Career Services.
If you would like more details about upcoming events or information about our alumni, please email bioengineering [at] illinois [dot] edu or call (217) 333-1867.